- Earlier this week my youngest daughter complained to me that she had ‘fizzy feet’, by which meant she had ‘pins and needles’. One of the interesting things about being a child is that you sometimes have to create new words for things if you haven’t yet learned the correct one - and sometimes they are better than the real one.
- Having finished Micro Adventures by Alistair Humphries I now desperately want to go camping. I used to go camping all the time; usually with a tent and some home comforts but NEVER on a campsite, so wild-camping isn't new to me - but Alistair feels strongly that a tent is just a more rubbish version of being indoors, so I'm on the lookout for a bivvy bag to see if he is right.
- When travelling through York I passed a Chinese takeaway called ‘Hot Winds’. This is either a really terrible name or a really brilliant one. I can’t decide.
- I have a love hate relationship with podcasts. I can go months without listening to one and then I’ll find something I really like and binge listen. This week I listened to ‘Who the Hell is Hamish?’ from The Australian newspaper. It was grand.
- One of the good things about these 'week notes' is that no one really cares if you’re a couple of days late.
- However your week has gone, it's been better than this guys:
This site supports Webmentions, but you're equally welcome to send me an email.