- My daughter stood on the scales and asked if the displayed figure was the weight of her whole body or just her feet, which is a reasonable question really.
- I can hear my backup disks writing data when I wake up in a morning. You can’t do that with SSDs.
- There was a lot of lot of garden maintenance this week.
- I discovered that my bank can show me the total I have spent at a retailer - thus this role of shame from the past eleven months:
- £359.55 at Greggs
- £70.73 at Cooplands Bakers
- £707.99 at Amazon (to which my daughter exclaimed ‘think of all the stuff you could have bought with that!’ and all I could think of was the stuff on my Amazon Wishlist)
- £166.60 at McDonalds
- We had family round for lunch at the weekend. I cooked roast beef for six people and it wasn’t a complete disaster.
I’m in an XMPP chat room where one of the young participants is doing an ad-hoc trip around Europe. Someone asked where he was at and the response was ‘Cycling to Denmark’. We all accepted this as a perfectly normal thing. The internet is sometimes a wonderful place.
Sorry, comments aren't available on this post right now. Comments are handled by my Mastodon account, but this article wasn't published there. Feel free to send me an email if you want to share your thoughts.